Eligibility & Enrollment
All active regular full-time or part-time employees who are scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week are eligible to participate in Western Digital’s benefits program. You may also cover your eligible dependents under Western Digital’s medical, prescription, dental, vision, and life benefits. Appropriate documentation must be provided as a part of our Dependent Verification process. Eligible dependents are:
- Spouse (except in the case of divorce, legal separation, or annulment)
- Children under age 26 (your natural children, adopted children, stepchildren, and foster children)
- Children over age 26 who are unable to care for themselves due to mental or physical disability incurred prior to age 26 and who are mainly dependent on you, that have been deemed disabled by your physician and medical carrier.
- Registered same or opposite gender domestic partner and his/her eligible dependent children under age 26 (eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage only).*
Interns are eligible to enroll in the Anthem HPN/EPO medical plan, employee-only coverage. No other dependents can be added.
*State registration, where available, will be required
When and How You Can Enroll
After reviewing your benefit options, enroll in your benefits within 31 days of your date of hire. Employees can make benefit elections through Workday, which can also be accessed via Connect. From Connect, select Workday from the Apps + Tools drop-down menu. Once on Workday, locate the “Enter Personal Information” action in your Workday Inbox. Enter your personal information here, and once complete, you will receive a new action in your Workday inbox. Select this “Change Benefits For Life Event” action to begin the enrollment process.
If you are not connected to the network, you may access Workday using the link provided below. If you have questions, please contact AskHR at (408) 717-8398 (offsite) or 228398 (quick dial), or ask your question online at AskHR.
Enrolling in Benefits
Enroll via Workday:
- Website: Workday
- Username: FirstName.LastName@wdc.com
- Password: Your Global Computer Password
Changes in Benefit Elections
You may not change your benefit elections during the year unless you have a qualified family status change. If you have one of the below-qualified family status changes during the year, please contact AskHR within thirty (31) days of the family status change.
Qualifying events include (but aren't limited to):
- Marriage or divorce
- Change in spouse's employment status
- Birth or adoption of a child
You must notify AskHR within 31 CALENDAR DAYS of the qualified life event to make changes to your benefit elections.